We offer both traditional small groups that study the Sunday sermon or other small group resources and interest-based small groups.
- Coffee and Conversations Group (9:30am-10:30am, Church library)
- David and Betty Dimmick’s Group (9:30am, Dimmick’s home)
- Charlie and Pam Gudeman’s Group (6:30pm, Gudeman’s home)
- Encouraging Women’s Group (6pm, Faith Church Library)
- Mom’s of Young Children Small Group – (6:30pm, Carter’s home) Currently studying a parenting podcast
- Thursday Night Small Group (7pm, Faith Church-Room 40)
- Parent Group – parents in their 30′s and 40′s (7pm, Beers’ Home)
Interest-based Small Groups:
- Prayer Quilt and Prayer Shawl Group – A group of women who make quilts and/or knit/crochet prayer shawls as a prayer offering to celebrate new babies and offer support to men, women and children during a time of need. They meet the first and third Monday of each month from 10am -3pm. This caring ministry offers a wonderful avenue to connect with others as they share ideas and enjoy Christian fellowship. This has become a vital ministry to Faith Church and we can use all the hands we can get. If you can sew a straight line, they can teach you to quilt. They welcome any quilters or anyone interesting in learning. All are welcome to come. (Contact Maureen Kearns: email@example.com)
- Body N’ Soul Aerobics – A group of inter-generational women who do low impact aerobics and free weights. They meet Mondays and Wednesdays from 6-7pm. They also do yoga two Sundays each month from 6-7pm. In addition there is prayer at the end of each class and they send out a monthly schedule for spiritual
encouragement. (Contact Ruthi Martin: firstname.lastname@example.org)
- United Methodist Women - Here at Faith Church, the United Methodist Women serve as a community of women whose purpose is to foster spiritual growth, develop leadership, and advocate for justice. (Contact Anne Benner: 814.355.8356)
What Are Small Groups?
God doesn’t want us to “do life” alone – it is much better together! Small groups study the Bible, but also provide opportunities to connect and build relationships with others as we explore faith and life’s ups and downs together in a meaningful way.
What Do Small Groups Look Like?
Throughout the year Faith Church hosts a variety of small groups designed for all ages and walks of life. These groups meet in the church or in homes throughout the week. Our groups are come-as-you are, casual settings.
The material used is prepared by each group leader and is typically based off of a book and/or video series. Each study offers time for friendship, prayer and encouragement.
Is A Small Group Right For Me?
Yes! At Faith Church we encourage everyone to get connected in this way. Small Groups are vital to our vision to connect you to God and others, to prepare you to serve Christ and our community and to encourage you to grow deeper in your faith.
There is no need for previous small group experience or extensive knowledge of the Bible.
How Can I Get Connected?
To get connected to Small Groups, visit the Connection Table Sunday mornings located in the sanctuary lobby or contact Cassie Marsh-Caldwell for information on current offerings.
For questions, please contact Pastor Andy Morgan at email@example.com