We offer both traditional small groups that study the Sunday sermon or other small group studies and interest-based small groups.
- Monday Night Small Group (6:30pm, Faith Church library) Studying – Studying the current sermon series
- Encouraging Women’s Group led by Susan Kline (6pm, Faith Church Library) Studying - Studying the current sermon series
- Mom’s Small Group led by Bethany Carter (6:30pm, Carter’s home) Studying the book A Perfect Mess by Lisa Harper
- Cassie and Scott Caldwell’s Group – (6:30pm, Caldwell’s home) Studying – Outlive your Life
- Men’s Bible Study (7pm, Faith Church-Room 25) Bible Studying -Studying the book The Cross of Jesus by John Stott
- Amy and Barry Johnson’s Group – (7pm, Johnson’s home)
- Men’s Small Group led by David Carter (9pm, Tomlinson’s home) studying 1 Corinthians
- Harry’s Bible Study – (7pm, Faith Church-Room 43)
- Healthy Steps (10am, Faith Church-Room 40) Next meeting is March 1st
- Thursday Night Small Group led by Rex Mattern (7pm, Faith Church-Room 40) Studying – In the Garden-Lenten sermon series
- Jeff and Ruthi Martin’s Group (7pm, 1st & 3rd Thursdays, Martin’s home) Bible Study of the book of Acts
Interest-based Small Groups:
- Prayer Quilt and Prayer Shawl Group – A group of women who make quilts and/or knit/crochet prayer shawls as a prayer offering to celebrate new babies and offer support to men, women and children during a time of need. They meet the first and third Monday of each month from 10am -3pm. This caring ministry offers a wonderful avenue to connect with others as they share ideas and enjoy Christian fellowship. This has become a vital ministry to Faith Church and we can use all the hands we can get. If you can sew a straight line, they can teach you to quilt. They welcome any quilters or anyone interesting in learning. All are welcome to come. (Contact Maureen Kearns: email@example.com)
- Body N’ Soul Aerobics – A group of inter-generational women who do low impact aerobics and free weights. They meet Mondays and Wednesdays from 6-7pm. They also do yoga two Sundays each month from 6-7pm. In addition there is prayer at the end of each class and they send out a monthly schedule for spiritual
encouragement. (Contact Ruthi Martin: firstname.lastname@example.org)
- United Methodist Women - Here at Faith Church, the United Methodist Women serve as a community of women whose purpose is to foster spiritual growth, develop leadership, and advocate for justice. (Contact Anne Benner: 814.355.8356)
What Are Small Groups?
God doesn’t want us to “do life” alone – it is much better together! Small groups study the Bible, but also provide opportunities to connect and build relationships with others as we explore faith and life’s ups and downs together in a meaningful way.
What Do Small Groups Look Like?
Throughout the year Faith Church hosts a variety of small groups designed for all ages and walks of life. These groups meet in the church or in homes throughout the week. Our groups are come-as-you are, casual settings.
The material used is prepared by each group leader and is typically based off of a book and/or video series. Each study offers time for friendship, prayer and encouragement.
Is A Small Group Right For Me?
Yes! At Faith Church we encourage everyone to get connected in this way. Small Groups are vital to our vision to connect you to God and others, to prepare you to serve Christ and our community and to encourage you to grow deeper in your faith.
There is no need for previous small group experience or extensive knowledge of the Bible.
How Can I Get Connected?
To get connected to Small Groups, visit the Connection Table Sunday mornings located in the sanctuary lobby or contact Pastor Andy Morgan for information on current offerings.
For questions, please contact Pastor Andy Morgan at email@example.com